How can you rejuvenate your facial skin with PRP Therapy?
Platelets are tiny blood cells that circulate within our blood and bind together to form clots and prevent bleeding. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is produced by taking blood samples from a patient and placing them into a centrifuge, which spins the blood at a very high speed and separates blood and other components of blood from the platelets.
WHAT IS PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY?
Platelet-rich plasma therapy, also known as “vampire facials,” is a medical procedure performed by a licensed medical healthcare professional. This procedure has three major phases, which include the following:
- Drawing blood from the patient’s arm.
- Placing the patient’s blood into a centrifuge to separate the blood components from the platelets.
- reinjecting the blood platelets back into the patient’s body.
In other words, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy uses injections of a concentrated amount of a patient’s platelets to treat certain health conditions or act as a cosmetic boost.
AS A TREATMENT FOR HEALTH CONDITIONS:
This procedure helps to improve the healing processes of musculoskeletal problems that affect the tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints. In this way, PRP injections use each patient’s healing system to improve musculoskeletal issues.
AS A COSMETIC BOOST:
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is a cosmetic boost that enhances the skin with a good tone, look, volume, and youthful glow. This procedure ensures the soft tissue across your body is healthy, allowing you to eradicate fine lines and wrinkles, resolve skin laxity, eliminate sunburns and age spots, and give you fresh and rejuvenated skin.
CAN YOU REJUVENATE YOUR FACE WITH PRP THERAPY?
Yes, your platelets and plasma can help rejuvenate your face using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. How? You ask!
PRP therapy is facial work done by your dermatologist to trigger the body’s healing and regenerative processes, boosting collagen and elastin production. This procedure is a corrective measure for skin with wrinkles, dead skin, acne, and sunburns. The face PRP therapy starts by injecting the patient’s already-drawn blood that has been centrifuged and now contains a high concentration of platelets into the patient’s face or scalp, using a syringe or micro-needling.
WHAT PRECISELY IS PRP FACIAL REJUVENATION?
A PRP facial rejuvenation, also known as a “vampire facial,” is a particular type of skincare treatment method that enables the skin to heal. It is also known as a “vampire facial” because it involves drawing your blood and reinjecting it into the patient’s body to initiate healing.
Blood consists of four primary components: red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma, and platelets. When the platelets in the plasma are in high concentration, they can generally benefit the skin and body. To achieve a concentrated level of platelets in plasma, all four components of the blood are separated by density, which happens when they are centrifuged. Afterward, the platelets are injected into the plasma, excluding the red and white blood cells. When used for PRP facial rejuvenation, it gives excellent results.
HOW IS PRP FACIAL REJUVENATION THERAPY DONE?
To start your face PRP therapy, the dermatologist or licensed medical professional kicks off by applying a numbing cream to the treatment area. Then the professional injects the already centrifuged PRP into your skin and thoroughly massages it into the deep layers of your skin. To give immediate results, your medical professional may also inject hyaluronic acid fillers or neuromodulators to accentuate the effect of the PRP therapy on your face.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PRP THERAPY FOR FACIAL REJUVENATION?
- During PRP therapy, the body produces all the ingredients needed for the procedure. The patient’s blood is the main ingredient for this treatment; hence, the patient does not have to worry about allergic reactions, infections, or incompatibility. In addition, this procedure is all-natural and doesn’t have issues compared to synthetic fillers.
- It is a non-surgical procedure: Patients get treated using injection needles, mesotherapy, and butterfly needles. Hence, they do not have to worry about incisions, scarring, lasers, etc.
- It is a rapid and convenient procedure. PRP therapy for the face can typically be completed in 30 minutes to an hour or less, depending on how many areas require attention.
- The procedure is non-invasive; patients may return to their normal activities as soon as the process is complete, and in a few days, their skin will appear firmer, more radiant, and more youthful.
- Long-lasting results: So many patients enjoy their PRP skin rejuvenation results for as long as a year or even more before there’s a need for a repeat procedure.
- The PRP therapy on the patient’s face aims to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. During treatment, PRP therapy produces more elastin and collagen, which tightens up the skin naturally in response to the micro-injuries produced by the treatment. In addition, the appearance of folds and hollows on the skin diminishes as the facial skin plumps up after the procedure.
WHO CAN GET PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY?
The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy may be highly recommended due to its durability and ability to restore patients’ skin to a freshly toned and even look. Everyone can have this procedure done. However, it may be detrimental for anyone with medical conditions like hepatitis C, HIV, or AIDS, any blood cancer, cardiovascular diseases that require blood thinners, or skin cancer in the area to be treated.
IS PRP FACIAL REJUVENATION THERAPY DURABLE?
This procedure serves some patients for six months to a year, while for others, it lasts longer. However, three or four treatments may be recommended for optimal results, after which the benefits will remain visible for up to 18 months.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF FACIAL REJUVENATION PRP THERAPY?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is considered safe for most people. However, a few people may experience common side effects such as swelling, bruising, slight pain, skin irritation, and minimal improvements.
To lessen or completely remove facial skin drooping, reverse aging, and support the maintenance of healthy, lovely, and tight face skin, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is strongly advised. Everyone should consider it; the majority of patients are between the ages of 18 and 72. Patients don’t need to be concerned about severe side effects because it’s a natural technique with many advantages.